The Sand Tray
* practicing tracing in sand or rice to develop motor skills before picking up pencil and paper
* use sand tray for tracing numbers, shapes, letters, and words.
* build sums and number problems using concrete objects laying around the house
* use with life cycle cards to explore and learn about insects and other animals
* squish play dough on the bottom of the tray and have your child stamp letters, numbers, anything they'd like into the play dough
* use as an interactive/open-ended tray as shown in the ocean-themed picture above
* match objects to their flashcards
* build letters with play dough or kinetic sand
* hold up Montessori sandpaper letters to practice handwriting
* place a letter flashcard in the holder and have your child collect objects from around the house that start with that letter (b is for butterfly, bird, etc.)
* build small word families and trace them in the sand
This item is handmade by Bless This Home School using cherry hardwood. The finish on this board is all natural and mouth safe for babies and toddlers.
*Wood is a natural product and variations are to be expected as no two trees are alike. Some variations in the grain and look of the wood are to be expected.
Each tray measures approximately 9 by 6 inches (23x15cm approx)
HANDMADE IN THE USA
*Please note this item is a pre order, anything else ordered with this item will all be shipped together, please contact us or place a seperate order should you require anything else earlier.*
Recommended age 3 years +
The Sand Tray